June 1, 2010

Children's Book: thumbnails

Hey everyone. I recently began production on my first children's book. I've decided to work up a story for a drawing I posted a while back entitled "Peanut Butter and Ellie."

First I laid out the entire book and created thumbnails for each page.



Since this first round of sketches I've tweak some things here and there, moved some images around, added a few pages and then cut some others to make it all fit just right.

In the next two weeks, I will be creating 1 - 2 finished color spread and I'm shooting to have the other 30 pages done as fairly tight sketches. I have A LOT of work ahead of me, but I'll make it happen.

On June 12th I have a meeting set up with a BIG publisher, so these coming weeks will be filled with non-stop drawing, very little sleep and a lot of excitement. I'll be posting a few sketches and the finished full color piece as soon as I complete them so keep checking back.


currently reading: "Hellboy: The Wild Hunt" by Mignola and Fegredo
currently listening to: Tokyo Police Club- "Champ"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice blog!glad to visit here

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.